Applications for YTN Set-Top Box Installation to Watch Korean News Overseas
(Q4, 2022 – Asia, CIS)
The Overseas Koreans Foundation (OKF) is working in cooperation with the 24-hour news broadcasting channel YTN to provide free YTN set-top box installations, which will enable overseas Koreans to tune in to Korean news. For the fourth quarter of 2022, we are receiving applications from Korean communities in Asia, CIS.
1. Who Can Apply?
- Overseas Korean organizations including Korean associations and Korean language schools (in Asia, CIS)
- Korean diplomatic offices
2. What is Provided?
- YTN set-top box and parts (including international shipping fees)
* What is the YTN set-top box?
☞ a device that can receive live YTN broadcasts via online connection
☞ Applicant must have access to Internet that can support the installation and usage of the device (i.e. cable LAN, Wi-Fi network). High resolution broadcasts can be received reliably only when the Internet speed is 2 Mbps or faster.
3. How to Apply?
(1) Complete and submit the YTN Set-Top Box Application Form (Attachment 2) until the end of December 2022.
(2) OKF and YTN will review the applications and select beneficiaries.
(3) Selected beneficiaries must complete and submit the YTN Set-Top Box Receipt and Installation Confirmation Form (Attachment 4) within 10 days from the date of receipt.
*All forms should be filled out in Korean.
4. Submission & Inquiry
- Platform Service Team, YTN Global Center (E-mail: email@example.com)