The 23rd Future Leaders' Conference
The Overseas Koreans Foundation (OKF) invites next generation Korean representatives abroad, who will lead the future of overseas Korean communities around the world, to the 23rd Future Leaders’ Conference (FLC).
The conference will be held from September 14th to 18th, 2020 in Korea. We look forward to welcoming talented and inspiring Korean leaders in the upcoming conference.
i. The 23rd Future Leaders’ Conference aims to:
- Serve as a reliable platform to bring together talented overseas Koreans and promote networking among young professionals
- Discover prominent future leaders in various regions who will contribute in advancing global Korean communities
ii. Dates: September 14th (Mon) to 18th (Fri), 2020 (5 days and 4 nights)
iii. Venue(s): Seoul(Grand Hyatt Seoul Hotel) and other regions (TBA)
- Networking events for local and overseas Koreans
e.g., sharing exemplary cases of achievement in various fields of expertise, discussing ways for next generation Korean professionals to collaborate and develop substantive win-win relationships with Korea, etc.
- Speeches by distinguished guests from home and abroad
- Network forums for different professions and lectures
- A visit to major governmental institutions and officials
- First-hand experience of Korean history and culture
- Media interviews, etc.
II. Submission Information
▶ Overseas Koreans aged between 25 and 45
▶ Have citizenship or permanent resident visa in your residing countries or have lived outside Korea for over ten years
▶ Have dedicated to promoting social ties within Korean communities and fostered development of Korean communities
- Young professionals in various fields such as politics, economy, law, media, art, culture, international organizations and etc.
- Representatives of Korean communities or professional networks in each regions
- Those who have careers and experience corresponding with the aim of the conference
ii. Selection Criteria
▶ Professional competence and potential for further growth in your field
▶ Your motivation to participate
▶ Social dedication in your country of residence or in overseas Korean communities
▶ Work records (portfolio), media coverage, letters of recommendation and other relevant documents
※ NOTE: We may limit our invitation to certain regions for prevention of COVID-19.
iii. Number of Participants
▶ Approximately 100 overseas Korean professionals
iv. Online Submission (http://www.korean.net)
▶ Deadline: until May 15 (midnight, KST)
▶ Announcement of Participants: before June 5 (will be notified via E-mail or respective Korean Embassies or Consulate Generals)
※ Participants are required to submit copy of passport for identification purposes.
▶ Application Process (http://www.korean.net)
- Log in with your Korean.net account (*The account should belong to the applicant.)
→ Find ‘Services for Overseas Koreans’ tab and click ‘Invitational Program’
→ Find ‘The 23rd Future Leaders’ Conference’ and click ‘Application Form’ box
→ Fill out your application and upload the attachment
(e.g., resume, records or news articles of professional experience, winning awards etc.)
→ If you click ‘Save temporarily,’ you can edit your application until your final submission → For the final submission, press ‘Save.’
- The submission process concludes when you submit your online application.
※ The application form page will automatically be provided in English if you are using the website in English.
i. Airline Fare
▶ General participants: 50% of round-trip ticket (Economy class only)
▶ Participants from Russia, CIS regions, Central and South America, Africa: 70% of round-trip ticket (Economy class only)
※ NOTE: The OKF puts a ceiling on its reimbursement (TBA), and any extra charges above the limit will NOT be covered by OKF. Also, any extra (transport) expenses incurred due to personal business purposes will NOT be covered.
ii. Accommodations and meals (Personal expenses are NOT included.)
▶ 1 room for 2 people (Single room may incur additional charges)
▶ 3 meals per day during the conference dates
iii. Travel Insurance (Throughout the duration of the program)
▶ For general inquiries
Please contact: Kayoung Lee, Future Generations Department
Office: +82-64-786-0272, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
▶ For inquiries related to online registration and technical website matters
Please call: +82-64-786-0292, +82-2-3415-0193
▶ Overseas Koreans Foundation