1. Brief Outline
Overseas Koreans Foundation (OKF), which supports 7.3 million overseas Koreans cordially invites overseas Korean adoptees to the OKF invitation program, ‘2022 OKF Gathering for Overseas Korean Adoptees’. The program offers you an opportunity to experience Korean and Korean culture for better understanding so that you can feel more connected to it. It also encourages you to network and bond each other through various sessions. We look forward to your interest and participation.
▪ Duration: Oct. 12(Wed)~17(Mon), 2022 (6 days/5 nights)
▪ Location: Seoul (To Be Announced)
▪ Number of Participants: 150 persons
※ Participants can be accompanied by 1 person. (children, adoptive parents or a legal spouse)
▪ Contents: Official opening events and banquets, Talk concert, Info-session, Mentoring,
Cultural experience & visiting historical sites, etc.
3. Eligibility: Overseas Korean adoptees over the age of 18
4. Preferential participants
▪ Those who have been fully vaccinated in the same country as recommended by WHO and elapsed 2 weeks, including a companion.
▪ Those who have never visited Korea before, including a companion
▪ Those who have no experience in participating in any of program by Overseas Korean Foundation(OKF)
5. OKF financial support
- Round-trip Ticket (Economy Class)
OKF will reimburse expense to participants within the upper limit of OKF standards
* OKF will not cover against any excess charges incurred.
* OKF will notify the upper limit individually only to selected applicants.
- Reimbursement will be done within one month after the end of the program.
* Copy of tickets and passport are should be submitted upon request
- If case of stopping over in areas outside of residence for personal reasons, the area nearest to Korea will be considered as starting point
- Boarding dates up to two weeks before and after the program will be accepted
- 1 room per 2 people (share with other participant, breakfast included)
- If sole occupancy is desired, 50% of expense will be charged.
* Payment in person
▪ Participation fee & Meals
- The OKF will cover the full expenses for participants
▪ Supported for
Overseas Korean Adoptee/one companion(children, adoptive parents or a legal spouse)
※ No other expenses apart from those aforementioned will be reimbursed.
6. Application Procedure
▪ Application Period: April 6(Wed.) ~ May 20(Fri.), 2022
- Deadline: May 20(Fri.), 18:00(KST)
- Selection result announcement: within June. 15(Fri.), 2022
▪ Application Method
(1) Log in with personal(individual) ID (Korean.net)
(2) After selecting the program, fill out and modify the application form
(3) Check the information filled in the application form and print it out
(4) Submit to the diplomatic office.
1. Join Korean. net (https://eng.korean.net) and log in with personal(individual) ID.
※ Registered person needs to use the ID and password in use.
2-1. Go to the Korean.net main page > Services for Overseas Koreans > Overseas Korean Program Application > Invitational Program, and select the program (“2022 OKF Gathering for Overseas Korean Adoptees”), and then click the Apply button at the bottom.
2-2. Temporary save is available while filling out the application form. Save the application after filling out all required information.
Within the submission deadline, the application form can be modified before the application is submitted.
(Go to My Page > Program Application Management > Services for Overseas Koreans, and select the applied program (“2022 OKF Gathering for Overseas Korean Adoptees”), and then click the Modify button at the bottom.)
- (Required) Fill out and attach Appendix3.Documentation Release and Appendix4. Liability Release Form
- (If any) Fill out and attach Appendix2 and Appedix5.
3. After checking the saved application, click the Apply button, and then click the Print button to print the application out.
A confirmation email is sent to your email after submitting the application.
* All application materials must be submitted in either English or Korean
* Documents submitted during the application process will not be returned regardless of the final outcome of the selection process
* Only selected applicants will be notified individually and a copy of their passport will be requested.
* For major announcement, please be sure to enter your contact information where you can be reached.
<Korea.net membership registration guide>
1. Access the Korean.net website (https://eng.korean.net)
2. Click the Register for Membership button (for personal(individuals)) and fill in the information required for membership registration.
※For identification, enter the certification number you received via email or social networking sites.
3. After completing individual membership registration, log in with your personal(individual) ID
4. After selecting the program, fill out and modify the application form
7. Selection Procedure
▪ Reviewing the documents by Korean Diplomatic Office (In May)
▪ OKF deliberative committee/board OKF open to select participants (Late May)
▪ Selection Announcement for participants (Mid June)
- Results will be announced to selected participants individually and to diplomatic office
- Booking a plane ticket (Doing personally by participants)
▪ Participants RSVP
8. Contact Information
▪ Overseas Koreans Foundation
Senior Manager: Jiwon Han
55, Sinjung-ro, Seogwipo-si, Jeju-do, Korea, 63565
Phone: +82-64-786-0212/0213, Fax: +82-64-786-0249,
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com